How to become an efficient Agile Tester ?
Testing is one of the main success factors to enhance the quality of softwares and information systems :
– Implementing test activities on a sequential software development cycle is often well managed, thanks to the best methods and practises promoted by the ISTQB (International Sofware Testing Qualifications Board) for more than 10 years.
– More and more companies are now adopting iterative cycles with agile methodologies to produce softwares
– The fundamentals of testing need to be in place for any type of development and testing in an agile project is something that needs to be properly addressed
The Agile Tester training course is an ISTQB add-on
Who should attend this training course and why?
This course provides testers and test managers with an understanding of the fundamentals of testing on agile projects.
This course will benefit to :
- Testers, Test Managers, Project Managers but also Business Owners who are moving from a traditional development approach to an agile approach
- Testers experienced with traditional software lifecycles, having an interest in agile testing
- Developers or Project Managers with little knowledge of testing who work in agile projects
- Junior professional testers who are just starting in the testing profession, have received the Foundation Level certificate, and would like to know more about the tester’s role in an Agile environment
What you will learn ?
A number of Business Outcomes will be achieved :
- Collaborate in a cross-functional Agile team being familiar with principles and basic practices of Agile software development
- Support the Agile team in planning test-related activities
- Apply relevant methods and techniques for testing in an Agile project
- Assist business stakeholders in defining understandable and testable user stories, scenarios, requirements and acceptance criteria as appropriate
How will you learn ?
A right balance beetween theory and practice :
- The training course will cover the ISTQB Agile Tester Syllabus
- The Multiple Choice Questions will prepare you for the ISTQB Agile Tester exam
- The practical exercises, will make you feel and understand the main concepts of agile methodologies and testing wihtin an Agile approach… while having fun!
What is the program ?
Covering the ISTQB Agile Testeur Syllabus :
- Agile Software Development (150 mins)
- The Fundamentals of Agile Software Development
- Aspects of Agile Approaches
- Fundamental Agile Testing Principles, Practices, and Processes (105 mins)
- The Differences between Testing in Traditional and Agile Approaches
- Status of Testing in Agile Projects
- Role and Skills of a Tester in an Agile Team
- Agile Testing Methods, Techniques, and Tools (480 mins)
- Agile Testing Methods
- Assessing Quality Risks and Estimating Test Effort
- Techniques in Agile Projects
- Tools in Agile Projects
What about the official certification exam at the end ?
An official ISTQB Agile Tester certification exam may be taken at the end of the course but is not mandatory to attend the course :
- Prerequisite: in order to be allowed to sit the Agile Tester ISTQB exam, anyone must own the ISTQB Foundation Level certified tester certificate
- About the exam
- Duration = 60 mins
- 40 Multiple Choice Questions
- 13 questions for chapter 1
- 12 questions for chapter 2
- 15 quesitons for chapter 3
- 65% or more to pass